It is important to maintain personal hygiene to protect oneself from diseases and remain healthy. Awareness campaign on personal hygiene was conducted in primary school of Marapadol village, Rajaborari, Madhya Pradesh. A total of 40 students from class 1 to class 5 participated in the workshop.
- Samples from hands, mouth, feet, unwashed clothes, hair, nails and drinking water were collected.
- A survey was carried with the objective of understanding the prevailing personal hygienic practices in tribal areas.
- Individuals were exposed to the usage of foldscope for observing microbes, bacteria and fungus which were mounted on slides acquired from hands, mouth, water, feet, clothes of individual and soil .
- Cleanliness was emphasised through various videos which were shown in order to generate awareness on the personal hygiene for children and women.
- An exposure of foldscope gave them a clarity and exploratory insight into the issue.