- Student Name: Anjali Manoj
- College/School: CMR National PU College, ITPL, Bangalore.
- Specimen: Unknown specimen of Kingdom Plantae Division Thallophyta
- Specimen collected from: Shell of snail found at Loktak Lake, Manipur on 2nd December, 2018
- Specimen observed at: CMR National PU College at ITPL, Bangalore on 6th December, 2018
On the 6th of December, I extracted a part of what I presume to be algae growing on the shell of a snail that I had found in the water near the banks of Loktak Lake, Manipur. When seen with the naked eye it appeared as a green circle of diameter ~2mm with a brown center. When observed under the foldscope, the green regions showed minute, chlorophyll-rich hair like structures originating from the brown center.
Below is a picture of the snail on whose shell, the above specimen was found to be growing.