Creating Awareness on Personal Hygiene using Foldscope in Mahagaon village, Harda district, Madhya Pradesh
It is important to maintain personal hygiene to protect oneself from diseases and remain healthy. Awareness campaign on personal hygiene was conducted in Mahagaon village of Harda district, Madhya Pradesh. Door to door campaign was conducted and the following tasks were accomplished.
- Samples from hands, mouth, feet, unwashed clothes, hair, nails and drinking water were collected.
- A survey was carried with the objective of understanding the prevailing personal hygienic practices in tribal areas.
- Individuals were exposed to the usage of foldscope for observing microbes, bacteria and fungus which were mounted on slides acquired from hands, mouth, water, feet and clothes of individual.
- Women and children (around 60 ) were sensitized on issues relating to the personal hygiene and health.
- Cleanliness was emphasised through various videos which were shown in order to generate awareness on the personal hygiene for children and women.
- An exposure of foldscope gave them a clarity and exploratory insight into the issue.